eValue8™ was created by business coalitions and employers like US Bank, Ford Motor Company, General Motors and Marriott International to define, measure and evaluate health plan performance. They want evidence that that they are purchasing quality health care and demand administrative excellence and consumer satisfaction at cost-effective prices.
An employer uses eValue8 to:
- Establish performance goals and measure quality based on leading edge purchaser expectations
- Identify results-oriented disease management programs
- Designate "best-in-class" performers
- Determine health promotion and education opportunities
- Develop targeted strategies for improving the value of your health care investments
- Collaborate with purchasers and health care providers to improve community health quality
Health plans provide benchmark data in critical areas such as:
- Manage critical processes that control costs, reduce and eliminate waste
- Ensure patient safety, close gaps in care and improve health and health care
- Educate, engage and incent consumers to promote health and manage disease
- Measure and pay providers
- And key areas such as: prevention, health promotion, adoption of health information technology, disease management, pharmaceutical management and behavioral health
Plans and purchasers receive objective scores enabling comparison of plans against regional and national benchmarks and a roadmap for improvement. As a result of face-to-face discussion of findings and roadmap, plans learn what they need to do to align their strategies with purchaser expectations to maximize the value of the health care investment and ultimately, improve health and quality of care.